Sunday, April 18, 2010

CSI Bemidji

Under the best of circumstances I would probably be considered a "domestic disaster." I let the dishes pile up in the sink, the clothes pile up in the laundry basket, and the dirt pile up on the carpet. It's not so bad that I'd be embarrassed if someone dropped by (not that they ever would), but it could be a little less messy and a little more tidy.

But today was going to be my day. By the time 10:30am had rolled around, I had:
1. Fought off the urge to unpack the golf clubs and go to the driving range,
2. Fixed the crank handle on the bedroom window
3. Gotten one load of laundry in the wash machine and one in the dryer,
4. Polished both pairs of dress shoes,
5. Taken out the trash & recycling,
6. Loaded up the dishwasher to run after the laundry was complete.

With about 45-minutes until the clothes in the dryer would be ready, I got out the vacuum cleaner to hit the living and dining rooms. I made my way around the dining table and near the kitchen without trouble and as was moving onto the living room when this occurred:

CSI: Coffee Stain Incident

As I was maneuvering between the coffee table and sofa, the cord for the vacuum cleaner hooked around my half-full coffee mug and yanked it off the table and onto the carpet. It was just like every episode of CSI that you've ever seen. The coffee splattered everywhere. In addition to the big pool on the off-white carpet, it was on the sofa, on the lamp shade, on the wall behind the sofa, on the wall across the hallway, on the closet door, under the end table... you get the idea. It looked like one of those crime scenes that Marg Helgenberger and the crew from CSI Las Vegas would roll up to and start taking photos, fingerprints, swabs, and analyzing the blood spatter pattern.

No Marg never did show up,
but a guy can fantasize can't he?

Well, vacuuming ended prematurely and the race to clean up the mess began. A half-roll of paper towels and a half-bottle of Resolve later, I think I've got things under some semblance of control. The splatter marks are gone, but it's going to take a couple more treatments on the big spill before that is back to looking semi-normal. I guess that teaches me not to fight the golfing urge on an unseasonably warm Sunday morning/afternoon. Maybe Marg is at the golf course... I better go investigate.

6 comments:

kylie said...

vacuum vs golf?

it's a no brainer, bob

i hope you run into marge ;)

Leah said...

NOOOOOOO!

I laughed at your misfortune, but it was all in the telling...

so sorry and truly, may golf win out next time.

Cece said...

That's why I have tile and hard wood. No need for carpet cleaner.

Megan said...

I don't like that I don't see your blog updates in my feed!

Suzanne said...

Baby...just so you know...I think you should go to Kylies blog. No, not the current one...the last one. Trust me! Love you!!! ;)

Suzanne said...

Oh, and Bob, I was down on all fours about a week ago cleaning the hardwood. Saw blood spatters from 7 months ago. How'd I miss them? Oh, that's right, I'm not a CSI! And I'm not Marge! ;)