Saturday, June 21, 2008

101... it's a highway and temperature

My Saturday started by not having any milk for my coffee. I had a brain fart on the way home last night due to the oppressive heat and forgot to buy some. Why the hell was I drinking coffee anyway? I got up at 8:30am (weekend... sleeping in!) and it was already 80 degrees. No biggie, I can handle my coffee black from time to time so I'll deal with it. I buzz through the newspaper crossword puzzle, check my emails, peruse CNN to make sure the world hasn't come to an end (not yet), scan through the Google reader for any interesting tidbits (ooh, MJ is still insane), and by the time 10:30am rolls around, it's up to 91 degrees and I swear the walls are starting to melt. Looks like triple digits again in the South Bay.

Finally off my sweaty buttocks and off to run errands. Run is not the right word as only crazed health nuts and serial criminals run in 90+ degree weather. Anyway, first stop is a haircut. Hot weather = short hair. My normal stylist (if you can call anyone working at Supercuts a stylist) isn't working so I have to try someone else. How dare she go off and get all preggers anyway without consulting me. I know new girl isn't working with a great model, but the haircut ends up being below marginal at best. Looks like ballcaps for the next two weeks until it fills out. Next stop the dreaded gas station where I get the privlege of waiting 10 minutes in line to pay $4.5699 a gallon. $40.15 later (as it's impossible to stop it on an even number when it's moving that fast) the needle barely creeps past 1/2 tank. It hasn't been a good start to the day.

But do I care? Hell to the no!!! Look at this baby..... air conditioning. That's right, the thermostat says 70 degrees. I'm going to get it so cold in this hotel room that I'll be able to see my own breath and a side of beef wouldn't defrost. I plan on getting every cent out of this room rate if I have to do it by draining the Bay Area power supply to keep the a/c cranking. Bless you Conrad Hilton for climate controlled hotels. It's fantastic enough to forgive you for your skank whore herpes infested great-granddaughter. I'll even overlook the $15.00 room charge for high-speed internet even with my 50,000+ priority points. I know how much my peeps depend on my blog for life-giving entertainment so I'll make the sacrifice. O.A.R. tonight at The Fillmore... it should be a great show. And when I get back from the show I expect to see frost on the windows.

Chillin' in San Fran... wish you were here.
~Just Bob~

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm not only a "peep," I'm a "Blottie." Hummmmmmmmm. I like it.

The air is finally off here, the windows are open and a beautiful breeze is blowing through the house off the ocean. You can probably stop wasting energy and turn off the air. I think we've hit normal by tomorrow morning, so knock it off. Go green and have a bit of discipline. Good Lord my good man. And why didn't you tell us you were going away for the weekend. We can't figure this crap out on our own. We need a hint. A clue. Something. Here I am worrying about you in an unairconditioned apartment/house and you're relaxing at the Hilton. I will never worry about you again. Never. But as the first Blottie in history, I will have to visit for an update. I gotta check on my main man!

Cece said...

Another installment of Bob and Sue. We have these commercials here that have two characters named Bob and Sue and they are talking about the great deals they are giving on Honda's. I think of the two of you each time I hear them. I hope the concert is great and I hope you stay cool tonight. Must get to bed now. It's 2am, I just got off the phone with Suze and we had a laugh fest. toodles.

Kookaburra said...

A GREAT POST. It is hot where you are but I'm freezing my n**s off down here. Real brass monkey weather. Enjoy the music. Hope the concert is / was good.

kylie said...

O M G suze, you got the inaugural blottie already so now you can stop sucking up.....

nearly got sidetracked from my main reason for being here.....

hola bob

just bob said...

The air is still chillin' and the music was great. I didn't know it would be so difficult hailing a cab after the show. Geez, everytime I thought I had one a group of women in a short skirts would appear from no-where and he'd pick them up instead. Guess I need to work on my calves???

Suzanne said...

Bob and Sue. (Kinda like Rob and Sue! (Poor Bob. No honey, it ain't gonna get better.)) Has a nice ring to it though, doesn't it?

Are we selling any Honda's in your neck of the woods Cece? If not, I can sit on the hood of a Honda, sort of like I am in my Blottie Award and Bob can just point to me. That should work with Seniors and middle age men (and probably MJ). Nope, I lie. I wouldn't do it. Hate the objectification of women. At UCLA I refused to take part in a performance piece where I was asked to carry a card around the room like a chick at a boxing match. What??? Took them 20 minutes to leave me alone while the audience waited, and for some other young lady with no sense of pride to volunteer. Jezzzzzzzzz. 19 year olds.

When I first saw my Blottie Award I freaked! You know that image isn't my sort of thing, but then I saw how pert my bobbies still are (oh, and much bigger too!), how round and hard my butt still is, and how my stomach has remained flat as a pancake. I grabbed that sucker and have never looked back. I do believe in the objectification of an almost 49 year old!!! Thank God for men like Bob!!! Things are looking up for women. (Kylie, I can't stop laughing. I keep thinking of your six words.) And yes, I've become a "suckup," but please don't use sucking and Bob in the same sentence. That could be trouble. I think the man's about to explode and I don't want to be near it.

Cece, that was an amazing conversation. I think we laughed too hard. And your voice is beautiful. Do you guys realize she can sing too?! Oh my God can she sing.

Bob, we have a habit of taking over a comment page. Sorry about that, but if you want to be a part of this nation, it's something you accept and something you one day do! You'll see.

Hope you're having a great day after the concert and the Hilton. Did you stay at the Hilton near the Embarcadero's? I used to work at Embarcadero 2 and Rob at beautiful 101 California. Small world, unless you were at another Hilton. (Yes, Random Chick, I know that city like the back of my hand.)

I'm going to come and collect my gorgeous award as soon as I collect a few others, get my damn blog roll back up and oh, stop blogging. Bob, do you realize how many other women want this award? Of course I'm laughing! Right now...it's all MINE!!! Honey, can you give me another few weeks before you pick #2. I need time to brag and absorb all the envy.

Happy Birthday to me.
Happy Birthday to me.
Happy Birthday to mee-eee,
Happy Birthday to me!!!

Bob, thanks, for your love, faith and consideration. And thanks mostly for thinking I ain't too shabby! (Right girls?!) Love ya baby!

XO


Kylie, honey, I'm never going to stop milking this for all it's worth, oh and sweetie, I don't think you should mention Bob and sucking in the same sentence. That could get dangerous.

Penelope said...

Eighty degrees, huh???

Right now it's 83. By noon it will be 95 or 97. Remember I live in the Gulf Coast so not only is it hot but it is also humid.

Anywho . . .

I will not complain about gas prices in your presence. I've been filling up at WalMart for $3.66 a gallon lately (WalMarts randomly drop their gas prices all over town-- I'm seeing $3.80 pretty much everywhere else.)

I cannot believe I'm bragging about getting a deal for gas at $3.66. I remember when I first started driving that gas prices went up to $1.05 and being upset when it was suggested that the impending original Gulf war would bring prices up even more.

We were so innocent then . . .

Karen

Anonymous said...

Bob, are you still in SF? I work on Market/Spear. We should meet up for lunch or something...

just bob said...

RC: Nope, I was only there Saturday night/Sunday morning.