Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Comcast... It's Craptastic

I discovered this lovely door hanger this morning on my way out the door for another shitty day at work. I guess I now know who was knocking on my door last night at 7:00pm, my new close friend Joe Tran. As you can guess, I didn't bother answering the door last night when he made a personal appearance. No one visits here but me and the pizza delivery person.

You can tell Joe knows me really well, calling me Robert when the rest of the English speaking world refers to me as Bob. It looks like he also "needs to talk to you (me)" about the wonders of Comcast. Not that Joe would like to talk or wants to tell me about Comcast, he NEEDS to talk to me. Well, you don't always get what you want, and in this case you don't get what you NEED either Joe.

Joe obviously got my name from Comcast to personalize this invitation. The doorknob across the hall had just a generic hanger. Therefore Comcast should know I already subscribe to two of the three services listed. They get plenty of my money (more than they deserve) every month. An in-home visit from big Joe with some unbelievable, ultra-low introductory rate to bundle all three services wasn't going to help. Especially when the ass-hat shows up at my home at 7:00pm while I'm trying to enjoy the Comcast services for which I'm already paying.

I'd like to give Joe a call back and invite him over for conversation. I've got a few questions/comments for him:
1) I worked for a subsidiary of Comcast for seven years. I know what services they provide.
2) Who authorized a visit to my residence? And when did this annoying marketing plan get instituted?
3) Does Comcast think I've ignored the incessant television commercials and weekly emails touting this same exact offer?
4) Does Comcast think I was able to avoid seeing this offer included with the monthly bill they mail me and on the website that I use to electronically pay said bill?
5) How do you (Joe) have the nerve interrupting people's lives at 7:00pm with this crap? People work hard all day to pay their Comcast bill and utilize those services when they get home.
6) Finally, I've chosen to be loyal to the company that signed my paycheck in the past. If I had any viable option to replace Comcast for these two services I would be doing it right now. That is how obnoxious and unacceptable I find this form of advertising... especially to current customers.

Comcast, it's Craptastic.

6 comments:

Cece said...

I think you may have coined a new word. At least it is new to me.

Oh and by the way, HI BOB!

just bob said...

What was the new word... craptastic or ass-hat? I can't take credit for either unfortunately.

Unknown said...

Great post! I laughed so much I almost squirted water through my nose! LOL!
Cheers!
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Bob, that post was craptastic! I think you need to call Joe everyday to tell him that, fill up his voice mail and his email box with craptastic-ness! I'm sure the ass-hat (I love that word BTW) would appreciate it, after all it's his job to appreciate that kinda stuff.

Hi Robert!

Suzanne said...

You absolutely can NOT be "Fogged In" mentally today because this stuff is too crapalicious. You couldn't write this well if you were. Don't make me come over there Robert. And yup, I will bring the girls and we'll get this problem straightened out in no time. Robyn, Cece and RC can fix anything, even a used Honda, I just drive.

XO

Gig said...

All these new words, I think I'll get the Scrabble board out!!

I don't have to deal with Comcast now, but have Charter,ugh...

Great post!!